you know. i've told myself a lot of things.... like how i dun want to be an engineer. how i dun want to go to dunman high. i dun want to be single when i am 25.... somehow all these things have all came true.
And in 2004 when i was in Hong Kong alone (becos i had 2 free nites after coming back from Europe)... in the intense summer heat of June..... I fucking broke down in my hotel room becos 1. it was too effing hot and humid (worse than spore) 2. i was suffering from claustrophobia from the buildings that were too close together 3. i cannot for the love of god understand cantonese 4. i was bloody bored to death because i had no one to talk to... and it was only for 3 days. it was there and then i told myself "I WILL NEVER TRAVEL ALONE"
and then in 07 i went to france. alone. i did some travelling then, for a couple of days. alone. last year, i went to San Fran alone... and i quite enjoyed it actually. Funny how we tell ourselves not to do a lot of things.... but we end up betraying our better judgement.
I'm leaving for a grand total of 18 days this time (20 if you count by calendar days.... damn the time difference) and i am kinda majorly freaking out. i dunno if i can handle NOT TALKING to anyone for such long period of time. and i dun wanna like break down in a hostel with 100 people staring at me.... malu pls. but at the same time... im looking forward to getting away from singapore. from work. from everyone and just be with myself. i think its going to be.... different. and i hope it'll be interesting.
looking forward?....... yeah. i think so.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
chill dude.. the times i'm left alone during trips, i take it as a chance to quieten my mind and just absorb the 'noise' around you.. try to enjoy the new environment..I have to talk (or rather, argue) alot at work so the 'silence' helps calm my mind.. I have my camera with me which i totally enjoy its company.. though I dun think i can truly relate to your situation since that's like x18 of what I went thru =)
so if it helps, think about the $$ and effort for this trip (while scrambling for more socks!) and just chill and enjoy... it's NY!! i'm sure you'll love the trip..
hahaha i know. thats what my fren told me too.... really wanna go there and spend money to torture myself.... no way man. hahaha
yeah man! enjoy!! remember to take loads of pics with Cammy ok!! haaha (if i got the name right; someone named my camera Zoomy before and I went ???) =)
Post a Comment